Ayurvedic treatments for stress management in Kerala or Ayurvedic treatments for stress relief in Kerala program
As we are all aware, all varieties of stress is anxiety based. While some people may cope with stress more quickly than others, many find it extremely difficult to recover from stressful events. There are different types of stress, all of which carry physical and mental health risks. A stress may be a one time or short term occurrence, or it can also be an occurrence that keeps happening over a long period of time. In any of these cases, they have a major influence upon one’s mood, sense of well-being, behavior, and above all on the person’s health. Acute stress responses in young and healthy individuals may be adaptive and may not impose a health burden. However, if the threat is unremitting, particularly in older or unhealthy individuals, its long-term effects can damage the health.
The sources of stress, called stressors, can be:
• Environmental due to weather, indoor environment, noise, pollution, etc.
• Physiological due to illness, injury, sleep disturbances, hangover, poor nutrition, etc.
• Interpersonal due to roommate conflicts, family demands, work responsibilities, etc.
• Psychological due to thoughts, beliefs, worries, changes in moods, etc.
• Organizational due to rules, bureaucracy, role expectations, etc.
• Financial due to bills, unplanned expenses, tuition, etc.
• Life events like death of a loved one, moving, marriage, divorce of parents, etc.
• Lifestyle choices due to lack of sleep, poor nutrition, lack of exercise, poor time management, alcohol, tobacco and other drug use.
A person living with high levels of stress is one who puts one’s entire well-being at risk. Stress to a large extent can also wreak havoc on your emotional equilibrium, your physical health, your ability to think clearly, function effectively, and even enjoy life.
Stress affects different people in different ways. Symptoms include:
Stress therapy at our Centre includes:
• Daily consultation with our Ayurvedic doctors and professionals.
• Ayurveda therapy sessions
• Stress relief Kriyas and Yoga and Pranayama (breathing) sessions
• Meditation and mantra chanting
• Proper counselling (greater degree of self-awareness and understanding of yourself and others)
• Stress management yoga mind therapy
• Yoga nidra relaxsation therapy for stress
• Stress relief therapeutical value stretching ( relief tension from muscles system)
• Oral Herbal medication
• Ayurvedic diet
Yoga Nidra Stress Management Mind Therapy:
Yoga nidra stress management midnd therapy is now prescribed by doctors in many countries both as a preventive and curative therapy in the first three stages of stress-related diseases. During stress the sympathetic nervous system becomes activated due to which the organism adopts the ‘fight or flight’ mechanism. In normal circumstances, the parasympathetic system takes over after the emergency goes. It has been seen that the sympathetic system remains active most of the time resulting in the experience of distress. In yoga nidra, mind therapy is attempted to activate the parasympathetic system, and slowly a balance between the sympathetic and parasympathetic systems is achieved by inducing complete physical, emotional and mental relaxation. In this way the practice of yoga nidra counteracts stress. Yoga nidra has its most widespread applications as a preventive measure which can be practised by healthy, active people to relieve accumulated tensions, increasing stress resistance and overall efficiency, and thus preventing the development of stress-related diseases.
During Yoga nidra (trance state) we use many powerful techniques to relieve stress layer by layer from the physical body, mental body, energy body, intellectual body so as to finally reach the supreme happiness state.
Our Ayurvedic stress relief treatment includes the following:
• Abyanga: Full-body massage with medicated herbal oils to relief tension from muscles and joints.
• Pizchil: 45 minute including head massage and deep tissue oil pouring massage to strengthen hormonal secretions.
• Sirodhara: A head massage followed by the continuous pouring of warm herbal oil/milk/buttermilk on the forehead for 45 minutes to cool the nervous system.
• Sirovasthi: Warm herbal oils put on the head and kept for 45 minutes to cool the cerebral and nervous systems.
• Talam: Special powder mixed with medicated herbal oil applied on the head.
• Thalapothichil: Special herbal pastes applied to the entire body.
• Steam bath: Given after the full body massage .
• Ayurvedic diet: Given to counteract the stress relief chemicals.
It is to be specially noted that the above stages of stress relieving measures have been proved to be effective methods which are free from side effects and assure full positive results. These stress therapies at our Centre assure full satisfaction and a life totally free from anxiety and all types of stress. In addition the aura that is part of our Ashram provides the right combination of medication, cure and mental health.