Ayurvedic Treatment for Infertility
The problem of infertility is fairly common now-a-days. It has become the need of the hour to find out a solution which is affordable and having less complication. Ayurveda has proven methods to give you the ability to conceive a child regardless of your problems. Sivasoorya Ayurveda Healing Ashram offers you Ayurveda Infertility Treatment in Kerala for both Males and Females. We have expert Ayurvedic doctors and therapists to address your issues and to recommend a remedy.
Infertility- What is it?
Infertility according to Ayurveda is the biological inability of a man or woman of reproductive age to contribute to conception. It can be described as;
• The state of a woman who is unable to carry pregnancy to full term
• The failure to conceive after a year of regular intercourse without any preventive measures (contraceptive)
Infertility in Females
Some of the major problems leading to infertility issues in females are:
• Blocked fallopian tubes
• Defect in cervical canal
• Uterine fibroids or polyps
• Hormonal imbalances
• Abnormal, irregular, painful or absent menstrual periods
• Ovulation problems
• P.C.O.D (Polycystic Ovarian Disease)
• Anovulatory Cycles.
• Over Weight
• Positive TORCH (Toxoplasmosis, Rubella Cytomegalovirus, Herpes Simplex and HIV) test.
• Bad Obstetric History- Recurrent Abortions
• Cervical narrowing or blockage
• Unexplained infertility
• Stress Factor- Depression or poor self esteem.
Ayurveda addresses these issues by working on the reproductive system. In addition, Ayurveda also focuses on the psychological aspect of the reproductive health which results in creating a more holistic solution to the problem.
Infertility in Males
In males infertility may have caused due to anatomical, psychological, and hormonal or lifestyle related issues. It may be due to low sperm count or poor quality of sperm or total absence of sperm. Causes as listed below:
• Hormone imbalances
• Tobacco smoking
• Chronic alcohol abuse.
• Excessive stress
• Inadequate vitamin C and Zinc in the diet.
• Ejaculation issues: Retrograde ejaculation occurs when semen enters the bladder during orgasm instead of emerging out the tip of the penis.
• Antibodies that attack sperm: Anti-sperm antibodies are immune system cells that mistakenly identify sperm as harmful invaders and attempt to eliminate them.
• Un-descended testicles: In some males, during foetal development one or both testicles fail to descend from the abdomen into the sac that normally contains the testicles (scrotum).
• Tight underwear: It increases scrotal temperature which in turns results in decreased sperm production.
• Exposure to environmental hazards and toxins such as pesticides, lead, paint, radiation, radioactive substances, mercury, benzene, boron, and heavy metals
• Unexplained Fertility: In some instances, a cause for infertility is never found. It’s possible that combinations of minor factors in both partners underlie these unexplained fertility problems. The good news is that couples with unexplained infertility have the highest rates of spontaneous pregnancy of all infertile couples.
The role of Shukradhathu in Infertility
According to Ayurveda, conception is achieved only with healthy sperms, healthy ovum and a healthy uterus. The reproductive health of men and women depends upon the quality of the health of Shukradhathu (reproductive tissues). Shukradhathu can get affected by various physical, mental causes and even by serious diseases. In men Shukradhathu is responsible for the production of semen and in women it plays a vital role in producing ovum.
The problem arises when the Shukradhathu is affected either due to:
• Consumption of incompatible food articles
• Suppressing natural sexual urge for a long period
• Shukradhathu damaging infections
• Accidental injuries or malnutrition.
Ayurveda Treatment for Infertility in Males and Females
Sivasoorya Ayurveda Healing Ashram offers effective Ayurvedic treatment for Infertility in Kerala. The treatment works on cleansing and rejuvenating the reproductive channels, balancing metabolism, increasing sattva and nourishing shukradhatu with rasayanas, herbal medicines and Panchakarma.
Unlike other treatment procedures that jump straight to symptom management, Sivasoorya Ayurveda Healing Ashram offers a holistic solution to address the root-cause of the Infertility. It is a step-by-step process.
It begins by detoxifying the body so that medicines can work better towards treating the actual root-cause of the disease.
A few of the detoxification methods we use to treat infertility in Ayurveda are:
This therapy is used to induce sweating in patients who are suffering from infertility. In swedanam, you’re normally made to perspire for getting rid of impurities present in the body through sweat glands. It is a very useful therapy in curing Vatha dosha. It can also be done by external application of heat or even through a heat chamber.
Vamanam is also known as therapeutic vomiting as it helps to clean undigested food, kapha and pitha. This Ayurveda therapy is a bit uncomfortable but it is very useful.
Ayurvedic Panchakarma Purification for Infertility
We offer Panchakarma (Detoxification) helps the body to regain its function at optimum level.
In Basti, enema of medicated oil or Decoction is given through Rectum. Vitiated “Vata” can create various health problems. Basti releases obstructions in the way of Vatadosha and thus regulates the normal phenomenon of “Vata”. Different types of medicated Oils, Ghruta (ghee), milk or decoctions are used for Basti treatment. It can state miracles if administered in a proper way with appropriate medicines.
Basti procedure eliminates the doshas from rectum. It balances the “Vata” Dosha. Apana Vayu is the type of “VataDosha”, which controls on the Shukra Dhatu (Semen) in males & Aartava (Ovum) in females. “Apan Vayu” controls the reproductive system. The procedure “Basti” regulates Apan Vayu which improves quality of Semen & Ovum.
In females oil Basti of SahacharTaila (oil) improves quality of ovulation within normal days. In males, the Basti procedure improves quality & quantity of Semen i.e. it improves total sperm count and motility of Semen.
• Uttarbasti (Vasti)
Uttarbasti(Vasti) is the most effective treatment in gynaecological disorders. It helps to purification and clears the AartavaVahaSrotas, pacifies vitiated Apana Vayu and improves follicular maturity, Helps to rupture follicle (egg) naturally, improve endometrium.
It eliminates body toxins like vitiated ‘Pitta’.
The process of cleansing is carried out in the small intestine & other Pitta zones. Here drugs that stimulate bowel movement are increased for the expulsion of doshas through rectum. It acts on hormones system.
It is a cleansing procedure intended mainly for the expulsion of vitiated ‘Kapha’. This is a painless, drug induced emetic procedure, carried out mainly during February, March, April Months.
Vaman procedure purifies internal toxins. It acts as hormones to act balance hormonal system. Vaman acts on Thyroid gland. It stimulates to Pancreas also to secret insulin in normal level, so P.C.O.D. decreases accordingly.
• Hormone Balance Treatment
Ayurveda treatment for female hormonal imbalance has many advantages over other treatments. Since this treatment is safe, it can be given for long periods. It tends to help solve the problem without any new problem or side effect.
Ayurvedic Medicine for PCOS is very effective in regularising the hormones. Panchakarma Procedure is effective to correct the pathology in both males and females. After proper completion of panchkarma procedure likes uttarbasti(vasti), basti etc a higher rate of conception is been generally observed.
Simultaneously treatment is also done to increase the potency of shukradhatu, the reproductive channels are cleansed, strengthened and rejuvenated.
2. Diet and Lifestyle Changes:
Other than medicines, the diet and lifestyle play a very important role in complementing the effect of medicines as well as sustaining the benefit of treatment after the medicines have ended. So, Ayurveda equally focuses on your diet & lifestyle.
Ayurveda diets for infertility at Sivasoorya Ayurveda Healing Ashram focuses on developing healthy shukradahtu. Dietary Advice is given according to the need of patient and his/her body dosha status.
• Banyan Tree Bark
Ayurveda practitioners prescribe the use of dry fig tree bark powder with sugar. Hence, it is considered as an effective Ayurveda medicine for female infertility.
3. Reduces Future Health Risks:
Since Ayurveda focuses on the root-cause of the disease, it effectively reduces the risk of severe health complications arising out of the untreated underlying cause. Patients who complete their Ayurveda treatment have a reduced risk of health complications later.
Infertility Treatment Procedure at Sivasoorya Ayurveda Healing Ashram Hospital and Panchakarma Centre is unique; hence we take a unique approach, which includes:
Personalized Treatment and Ayurvedic medicines based on thorough diagnosis of the root-cause, tracking your progress and helping with your health queries, Customising your diet and lifestyles to compliment the medicines for holistic treatment of the root-cause.